Friday, June 10, 2011
I am participating in 30 Day Blog Challenge. I think this should be fun!
Day 1 - A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself.
Yep, this is me. Nothing fancy or exotic. Just a plain old southern girl!
Now for the 15 "interesting" facts:
1. I am a pharmacist and married a dentist.
2. I love beer. . . particularly Blue Moon, Shock Top, Stella.
3. I ran in 2 half marathons in the past year!
4. I visit Disney World at least twice a year.
5. I run so I can drink beer!
6. I recently was diagnosed with melanoma, however, lucky for me I caught it in time.
7. I am not a good cook, but would love to be.
8. I took clogging this year and was in my first recital.
9. I love to dance!
10. I am a procrastinator!
11. I live on beautiful Lake Gaston.
12. I am not a good blogger!
13. I am very hard on myself as a mom, wife, and friend.
14. I love a campfire in the fall.
15. I do not do a good job of "fixing up" to go out of the house. I love shorts, sweats, and t-shirts!
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Things I miss:
The sun on my face. The feeling of the heat and the bright light causing my eyes to shut.
The feeling of the sun all over my skin and knowing that the end result will be a tan.
Sitting on my dock at LKG watching the kids swim and not thinking about how long I have
been expose to the sun.
Sitting on a float in my cove with the sun on my face playing with my kids, not worried about the sun on my skin.
Sitting on the beach in the sun ( all day).
Building sandcastles in the sun on the beach.
Sitting on the shoreline at the beach in the sun in a really low chair.
Wearing a 2 piece bathing suit in the sun with no worries.
Running in a sports bra with no worries.
Showering after a day on the beach or on the dock.
Wearing a tank after a day on the beach.
NOT having to wear makeup during the summer because you have a pretty tan face.
The burn of a sun burn after a long day on the beach.
The feeling of getting in a pool after a long day in the sun on the beach.
These things I will never experience again. I am glad to be alive and very lucky to have caught the melanoma early! It is a real eye opener. I am extremely sad these days... my first summer post melanoma, however, I am going to make the best of it and hopefully change things that make me happy.