Friday, April 8, 2011

Am I turning into a REDNECK???


CONFESSIONS:

Getting a little worried. I have recently become addicted to Salt and Vinegar Pork Rinds. This is a southern delight that some folks would not even think about trying.

Yes, that is White Zinfandel wine beside the pork rinds.

I took this photo at my local supermarket "The Pig" (Piggly Wiggly)
Look at all the varieties of pork rinds, skins, fat back, and cracklin.

Next, my concerns continue with my enjoying the Monster Truck Jam. My husband and I took our 3 kids to the "jam" last weekend and I had a blast. It was loud and crazy.


Finally, this is my idea of a good home cooked meal. I am in the midst of building my fire pit in my backyard, however, when it is finished, this will be a weekly summer meal.


RUNNING NEWS:

This week was not great for running. I ran a little over 10 miles this week because I was so involved in other things. You know how life gets in the way. I painted my laundry room.
Here is the before:

Here is after:


The horrible florescent light makes it look really yellow but it is an awesome yellow color.
I hate my laundry room. It is so narrow and it is where we enter the house through the garage. I am probably going to put a wall decal " wallie" on the wall across from the washer and dryer because it is so narrow. It is soooooo much brighter and cheer. I still hate doing laundry!!!!

Also, I have almost completed my daughter's bedroom. I will post a before and after photo when all is complete. I painted and moved furniture all week.

I guess I am giving all kinds of excuses for why I am not running as much. Pretty much, let's just say. . . I need to get my lazy butt out of bed before everyone else and hit the road.

MY GOALS:

Run 4 x a week

Finish my daughter's bedroom

Cross train. . . remember I joined a gym for a reason.

Finish the fire pit

LIVE fully, Laugh often, Love deeply!!!!!



4 comments:

  1. I think you have great goals!
    love the color of the laundry room, sure makes a difference to have a bright happy color in a room that you don't necessarily love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dream of having a fire pit in our backyard, well, I dream of just having a backyard! And I would be so excited to have our own laundry room - narrow or not. Even if the machines were in a closet! ;) The yellow is beautiful.

    Thanks for finding my blog and following! I did a little dance (you can ask my husband, he'll confirm) when I saw you started following, cause you're #250!! I hope you find it interesting! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the laundry room looks great a little color makes a big difference makes me wanna paint something. :)
    Good luck with this weeks goals
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!
    Thanks for reaching out and finding me. Cool to find you.

    gotta love the white zin w/pork rinds. have never seen that combo b4!

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete